Skills School is wrapped up, this was the second year for these clinics, thanks for your interest! Also, be sure to scroll down for a full collection of local cyclocross resources for Victoria and Vancouver Island!
Join us for these fun and informative clinics, around 2hrs each, over three Sundays, great for beginners, or anyone looking to top off and improve their cyclocross skills. Cross on the Rock is coming up fast, make sure you’re ready!!
Best bike choices are a cyclocross bike, but gravel or mountain bikes work too! Will be in parks in Victoria/Fairfield.
The first clinic will be in August 2023, 10am start, $25.
RSVP required, takes just a minute! (Preferably well before noon Saturday before each clinic.)
Here’s the PDF poster for the clinics. Scroll down for a list of local cyclocross and gravel resources, including race dates and more!
August 21st, 2022 – Cyclocross Fundamentals:
- Great for beginners & those interested in sessioning these skills
- Dismounting & remounting techniques
- Shouldering and stairs
- Brief grass & cornering intro
August 28th, 2022 – Fundamentals Recap & Grass:
- Recap of dismounting & remounting techniques
- Recap of shouldering and stairs
- Recap and more advanced grass & cornering
- Off-camber grass
September 4th, 2022 – Quick Recap, Starts & Sand:
- Brief recap of dismounting & remounting techniques
- Brief recap of shouldering and stairs
- Recap grass & cornering & off-camber
- Starts – tips for getting a quick start, and getting to the front of the field
- Life’s a beach – riding sand & loose stuff!
Each clinic will feature a mix of instructional chat, Q&A (like wondering about tire pressure?), and riding and technique practice, as well as some fun mini competitions to practice these skills and some great swag draw prizes from Fort Street Cycle, Oak Bay Bikes, Fairfield Bicycles, Giant Bicycles Victoria, and Broad St Cycles!
Cross on the Rock 2022 Dates & Locations:
- Sept. 11th – COTR #1: Cross on the Commons in Qualicum Beach
- Sept. 18th – COTR #2: Coal Cross in Cumberland
- Oct. 10th – COTR #3: Muc Off Cup at Bowen Park, Nanaimo
- Oct. 23rd – COTR #4: Victoria, Jordie Lunn Park
- Oct 30th – COTR #5: Cowichan Valley, details TBD
- Nov 13th – COTR #6: Island Champs: Hot Crossed Bunnies at Beban Park in Nanaimo
Victoria’s ‘Underground’ Cross Club Practice Race Series:
- What is Cross Club? Neat story on it here.
- Sept 14th, 21st, 28th
- Oct 5th, 19th, 26th. (Note no 12th.)
- Registration at: www.CrossClubVictoria.com
Cyclocross BC Provincial Championships:
- Nov 5th or 6th, Hard Knox CX, Mainland BC, Date TBD
- Nov 25th – 27th, Layritz Park, Victoria, (Interurban Camosun grounds), more details here
- Aug 28th – Mid Island Velo Assoc. UNPAVED, Nanaimo
- Sept 24th – Burnt Bridge Classic, Cowichan Valley
- Oct 16th – Tripleshot Cross Fondo, Victoria
Other Links of Interest:
Newsletter & Email Updates
Sign up to the right for our periodic updates about clinics, events, and other notable activities! (Probably just a few emails a year, and you can unsubscribe with a click any time!)