Skills School is about to sort out the dates, thanks for your interest! Scroll down for local cyclocross resources for Victoria and Vancouver Island!
Returning for 2022: Join us for these fun and informative clinics, around 2hrs each, over three Sundays, great for beginners, or anyone looking to top off and improve their cyclocross skills. Cross on the Rock is back on this year, make sure you’re ready!!
Please bring: ideally a cyclocross, gravel or mountain bike. Will be in parks in Victoria/Fairfield.
One clinics remain, 10am start, $25.
RSVP required, takes just a minute! (Preferably before noon Saturday before each clinic.)
Scroll down for a list of local cyclocross resources, including race dates and more!
TBD, 2022 – Cyclocross Fundamentals:
- Great for beginners & those interested in sessioning these skills
- Dismounting & remounting techniques
- Shouldering and stairs
- Brief grass & cornering intro
TBD, 2022 – Fundamentals Recap & Grass:
- Recap of dismounting & remounting techniques
- Recap of shouldering and stairs
- Recap and more advanced grass & cornering
- Off-camber grass
TBD, 2022 – Quick Recap, Starts & Sand:
- Brief recap of dismounting & remounting techniques
- Brief recap of shouldering and stairs
- Recap grass & cornering & off-camber
- Starts – tips for getting a quick start, and getting to the front of the field
- Life’s a beach – riding sand & loose stuff!
Each clinic will feature a mix of instructional chat, Q&A (like wondering about tire pressure?), and riding and technique practice, as well as some fun mini competitions to practice these skills and some great swag draw prizes from Fort Street Cycle, Oak Bay Bikes, Fairfield Bicycles, Giant Bicycles Victoria, and Broad St Cycles!
Cross on the Rock 2022 Dates & Locations:
- Sept. 11th – COTR #1: Cross on the Commons in Qualicum Beach
- Sept. 18th – COTR #2: Coal Cross in Cumberland
- Oct. 10th – COTR #3: Muc Off Cup at Bowen Park, Nanaimo
- Oct. 23rd – COTR #4: Victoria, details TBD
- Oct 30th – COTR #5: Cowichan Valley, details TBD
- Nov 13th – COTR #6: Island Champs: Hot Crossed Bunnies at Beban Park in Nanaimo
Victoria’s ‘Underground’ Cross Club Practice Race Series:
- Dates TBD
- Registration link coming soon!
Cyclocross BC Provincial Championships:
- Nov. 5th or 6th, Hard Knox CX, Mainland BC, Date TBD
- Nov. 25th – 27th, Victoria, more details TBD
- Aug. 28th – Mid Island Velo Assoc. UNPAVED, Nanaimo
- Sept. 24th – Burnt Bridge Classic, Cowichan Valley
- Oct. 16th – Tripleshot Cross Fondo, Victoria
Other Links of Interest: