Cyclocross is back!
Skills School is a wrap, thanks to those who came out, hope you enjoy the CX season! Scroll down for local cyclocross resources for Victoria and Vancouver Island!
Returning for 2022: Join us for these fun and informative clinics, around 2hrs each, over three Sundays, great for beginners, or anyone looking to top off and improve their cyclocross skills. Cross on the Rock is back on this year, make sure you’re ready!!
Please bring: ideally a cyclocross, gravel or mountain bike. Will be in parks in Victoria/Fairfield.
One clinics remain, 10am start, $25.
RSVP required, takes just a minute! (Preferably before noon Saturday before each clinic.)
Scroll down for a list of local cyclocross resources, including race dates and more!
TBD, 2022 – Cyclocross Fundamentals:
- Great for beginners & those interested in sessioning these skills
- Dismounting & remounting techniques
- Shouldering and stairs
- Brief grass & cornering intro
TBD, 2022 – Fundamentals Recap & Grass:
- Recap of dismounting & remounting techniques
- Recap of shouldering and stairs
- Recap and more advanced grass & cornering
- Off-camber grass
TBD, 2022 – Quick Recap, Starts & Sand:
- Brief recap of dismounting & remounting techniques
- Brief recap of shouldering and stairs
- Recap grass & cornering & off-camber
- Starts – tips for getting a quick start, and getting to the front of the field
- Life’s a beach – riding sand & loose stuff!
Each clinic will feature a mix of instructional chat, Q&A (like wondering about tire pressure?), and riding and technique practice, as well as some fun mini competitions to practice these skills and some great swag draw prizes from Fort Street Cycle, Oak Bay Bikes, Fairfield Bicycles, Giant Bicycles Victoria, and Broad St Cycles!
Cross on the Rock 2021 Dates & Locations:
- September 19th. COTR #1: Coal Cross in Cumberland
- October 3rd. COTR #2: Cross on the Commons in Qualicum Beach
- October 11th. COTR #3: Pro City GP in Topaz Park, Victoria (NOTE: was Nanaimo)
- October 24th. COTR #4: Muc Off Cup in Bowen Park, Nanaimo
- November 7th. COTR #5: Jordi Lunn Park in Victoria
- November 14th. COTR #6: Hot Crossed Bunnies at Beban Park in Nanaimo
Victoria’s ‘Underground’ Cross Club Race Series:
- September 8, 15, 22, 29
- October 6,
13, 20 (note the 13th is being skipped!)
- Registration link
Cyclocross BC Provincial Championships:
- Date TBD, Kelowna (CyclingBC link)
- November 27/28. CX Nationals in Langford
Other Links of Interest
- Island Cross Facebook Group
- Buttcat Racing ‘Girls, Gays & Theys’ CX Clinics (Aug 18th & 30th)
- Broad St Cycles Clinics (Check back for 2022!)
- Tripleshot Cross Fondo (Oct 17th)
- Tripleshot has a range of CX/Gravel rides as well